Cough Remedy

I left Ahmadiyyat because Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was a liar and a charlatan. Find out why I believe this to be true.

Friday, February 25, 2005

Where's the catch?

As I was preparing my mind to leave jama'at Ahmadiyya, I was midly concerned about one thing. What if some clever Ahmadi were to confront me with fairly strong evidence for my "mistake"? It's almost three months, and I have to say, I have seen, heard or read nothing even remotely like a cogent argument for Ahmadiyya. It is a deception. Like all deceptions, no one likes to admit that they have been taken in by it. People would rather find ways to defend the deception than to admit they were wrong! That is the nature of a well set up con!

So to help those who are struggling with it, I have something that will make you feel better - a confession!

I was duped! I was conned! I fell for it! I believed it! And you know what? I was wrong! I picked myself up, I dusted myself off and set off in the right direction.

Let's say you are in a desert. You are being led by a conman. Of course, you don't know you are being led by a conman. You follow. And you follow. And you follow. The oasis does not come. Others die. You are still struggling, bolstered only by outrageous claims and belief. All around you are other lines of people walking in different directions. They seem ok. Some people from your line from time to time leave and join another line of oasis-hunters. You wonder what happens to them. Your leader, the conman, says "They are misguided! They will surely perish!". You're not so sure. But it's easier to stay with the belief you have.

I left the line. My guide is the Qur'an, the Final Book of Allah SWT - and the Sunnah of the Final Prophet SAW. Am I a great Muslim? No. I try my best. That's for Allah SWT to judge. I know one thing though. I'm in the right line and I'm glad I left. Because from where I'm standing, I can see that conman taking his line round and round in ever-decreasing circles to their doom. All I had to do was admit that I was wrong.

There is no catch.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salaam

    'Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood radiallaahu 'anhu said:


    The Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam drew a line for us and said. "This is Allaah's Straight Path." Then he drew lines to its right and left and then said. "These ore other paths. Upon every one of them there is a devil calling towards it." Then he recited:



    "Indeed this is My Straight Path, so follow it, and do not follow other paths that will separate you from His Path." [Soorah al-An'aam 6:153]."

    Hasan: Related by Ahmad (1/435), an-Nasaa'ee (7/49) and others

     
  • At 11:31 pm, Blogger Shahid said…

    Wa-alaikum-assalam-wabarakatohu

    Jazakamollah - Allah SWT and His Final Prophet always say it best!

    Wassalam

     
  • At 7:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a Health blog. It pretty much covers Dieting Health Fitness Exercise related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time

     
  • At 10:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That sounds great, but contact lens information has links to different reviews.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home