Cough Remedy

I left Ahmadiyyat because Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was a liar and a charlatan. Find out why I believe this to be true.

Friday, January 28, 2005

What do I think of Ahmadis?

Some Ahmadis say "good riddance". Others think that I am influenced by "hate sites". Still others believe in freedom of thought and I'm entitled to my religious view. And then there are the few who think that my criticism of the organisation or institution or the leadership is unwarranted and disgusting.

I love many Ahmadis. I count many family members amongst the Ahmadis. Or perhaps, I count many Ahmadis amongst my family members.

However, one is not allowed to raise one's voice against jama'at and be a prominent member of it. In order to criticise, one first has to leave. This is not Islamic.

It's not my mission to upset Ahmadis. Now that I have left, I am trying to live my life. However, since the ability to express my disenchantment was not possible from within, I am doing it from without; and my motive is simply to help other Ahmadis who are also doubtful, see where I'm coming from, make up their own minds about my criticisms and make their own minds up about what they believe in. It's not possible to be a central figure in jama'at Ahmadiyya and be provocative. So my writings serve a two-fold purpose.

First, to vocalise what I was not able to vocalise before, to go "on the record" about the Ahmadiyya Movement.

Second, to reach out to those Ahmadis that have similar thoughts. To let them know that they aren't the only ones. There are many others. Many have left, and many will continue to do so. Your soul is at stake. Research your belief, understand it and then - and only then, should you decide where to stand.

My style of writing has never changed. I write in a provocative way. I do this to satirise a point that has perhaps had the veneer of respect on it for too long. I only say that the emperor has no clothes. Go ahead and denude me if you wish, but I am not making a claim for prophethood, or even a claim to be anything other than an ordinary Muslim, with my own weaknesses. However, I have the right to express my views, and I am exercising that right for the reasons I've already cited. If the Ahmadiyya Movement is right, then no anti-Ahmadiyya argument can win, can it? So what's wrong with a "Jihad of the Pen"? If my points are flawed or reprehensible, I am not too proud to retract them and restate them.

By not going "public", how would my departure be of any service? Yes, religion is a personal matter, but it is also a requirement of every Muslim to spread the word. If I believe that Islam is right and jama'at Ahmadiyya is wrong, I would be mistaken in not expressing my opinion. If people disagree with those opinions, that is their fundamental right. If they benefit from my views, then Allah has given me His Grace and Mercy to do works for Him. If my style is irreverent, that is just my style. It is meant to be provocative. It is meant to provoke thought. If you choose to hate me, but have absorbed some of what I say, then I am happy.

My dear Ahmadi brothers and sisters. I was once one of you. I didn't like being attacked by those against my beliefs and sought to defend the jama'at at almost any cost. However, I couldn't pay the price of my soul, when I established that the Movement was based on much contradiction and falsehood. That your ideology is attacked should not be seen as an attack on your person, even if you relate your person strongly to your belief. Be calm and rational. Fight falsehood. Even if it is your own. Embrace Truth. Even if it is from others.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    man get some education...

     
  • At 1:52 pm, Blogger Shahid said…

    Thank you for the kind advice. It is my pleasure to get some education every single day. What about you?

     
  • At 7:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been debating with Ahmadis for years and it use to hurt me that my friends are soo close to Islam yet so far. Your comments made me realize that their are smart people out there like yourself, and that God does help his people. May Allah give others the same strength as he gave you to seek answers and guide every individual to the right path.
    Ameen.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home