Cough Remedy

I left Ahmadiyyat because Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was a liar and a charlatan. Find out why I believe this to be true.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The Well

I had always fought to defend the well, in the spirit of my forefathers. With my person and with my wealth. Through the efforts of people like me, the well was overflowing. The well was in a desert. Others were jealous of it, but the well remained safe, guarded by Mirza Sahib and maintained by his loyal followers.

After a while, my means became straightened. I walked the desert looking for water, but I found no oasis. Shamed, beaten, humiliated and thirsty, I went to the well and asked Mirza Tahir Ahmad if there was any way I could drink from the well until my means improved, I would then return what I had taken.

I could see the water, I could see that some of it had been protected by me, and with my efforts, there was more water than ever before. I asked humbly. Mirza Tahir Ahmad replied "Pray. Buy some Premium Bonds, you never know, you might get lucky". And then he sent me away.


That's pretty much a true story. I visited Mirza Tahir Ahmad in the late 1980s when I was heavily in debt, after years of contributing chanda regularly and generously. I was unwell and I had nowhere else to turn. The advice he gave me when I asked for help was exactly as above. Then he sent me on my way.

Recently, out of curiosity, I searched the UK Charity Commission web site for the word Ahmadiyya and found this:


Extract from the Central Register of Charities maintained by the Charity Commission for England and Wales

Main Charity 299081

AHMADIYYA MUSLIM ASSOCIATION UNITED KINGDOM

Charity Correspondent
MR BUTT
109 GRANVILLE ROAD
LONDON
SW18 5SF


Telephone
0207 935 1186

Governing Document
CONSTITUTION ADOPTED 21/04/1987.

Objects
A) THE PROPOGATION OF ISLAM AS EXPOUNDED BY MIRZA GHULAM AHMED OF QADIAN, THE FOUNDER OF THE AHMADIYYA MOVEMENT AND THE KHALIFATUL MASIH AND GENERALLY TO PROMOTE THE COMPARATIVE STUDY OF RELIGION B) THE ADVANCEMENT OF EDUCATION AMONG THE MEMBER OF THE ASSOCIATION AND SUCH OTHER PERSONS AS THE MANAGING COMMITTEE OF THE ASSOCIATION MAY FROM TIME TO TIME DETERMINE. C) THE PROVISION, AS FAR AS POSSIBLE, OF MAINTENANCE OF INDIGENT PERSONS, ORPHANS AND WIDOWS AND FOR SUCH OTHER PERSONS AS ARE UNABLE BY REASON OF SOME PHYSICAL OR OTHER INFIRMITY OR HANDICAP TO MAINTAIN THEMSELVES. D) THE RELIEF OF POVERTY AMONGST MEMBERS OF THE ASSOCIATION.


Do you notice object D) ?? Let's highlight it, shall we?
D) THE RELIEF OF POVERTY AMONGST MEMBERS OF THE ASSOCIATION.

Are you laughing? i can assure you that I was. Heartily. I contributed countless thousands of pounds. I asked, but was never told where this money was going. And when I was in poverty, the jamaat failed to act, and indeed, continued to insist on chanda payments. I was told that despite my unemployment, the only way I would get relief on my obligation to pay was if I wrote a begging letter to the Khalifa. How utterly humiliating and degrading. And this after being the top chanda payer in my region year after year after year.

My last memory of jamaat Ahmadiyya was the constant chasing to make a promise for Tehrik-e-Jedeed, during a period in which jamaat knew that my means were straitened and that I was unemployed. And I was charged £6 for a Qur'an despite my inability to provide for my children, never mind myself.

The funny thing is, nobody ever told me a thing about Zakat, a pillar of Islam.

Here is the reality my brothers and sisters. If I had paid Zakat and observed my prayers and kept my fasts and gone to Hajj, I would not be able to take an office-bearer's position in jamaat. Had I been a thief and a vagabond, failed to observe my prayers, beat my wife and children, yet been a member of the higher-tax-bracket Wassiyat scheme, I would have walked into any office-bearing position.

No ordinary Ahmadi can draw water from the well. And if those Ahmadis genuinely think that the water is used entirely to propogate Islam, then there are former Ahmadis all over the world who are waking up - and we will help you smell the coffee.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you know what the funny thing is. that you say you were the top chanda payer and then you say 2 lines before that that you were in poverty.

     
  • At 4:40 pm, Blogger Shahid said…

    Dear "Anonymous",

    I can see how that might be confusing to someone who doesn't know me.

    Why don't you tell me your name? I am not hiding, why are you?

    AlHamdolilah, Allah has blessed me with wealth for most of my adult life. I have had two periods of difficulty, which I accept with grace. My working life has been over 20 years. My periods of dificulty, have AlHamdolilah, been not very long at all.

    I hope that clarifies things.

     
  • At 12:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you aint no ahmadi.. never were shahid... stop telling these lies... you are not part of us... and even after paying chanda for several years... you didnt have even have a Quran in your collection ???

     
  • At 2:04 pm, Blogger Shahid said…

    Ah but you see my former Ahmadi brother or sister, whoever you are, because you are hiding, but using my name like a coward - I am so glad that I am not an Ahmadi anymore. But I certainly was. It is your fear that stops you from accepting that someone who knows so much about the jama'at, about its teachings and workings and machinations, could ever have been an "insider".

    I have told no lies, of what benefit to my soul would it be to tell lies about my faith? You obviously don't know me. Maybe you'd like to meet me?

    I wasn't paying chanda for several years, I was paying for over 20. And yes, I had plenty of Qur'ans. I was getting one for someone else.

    So, what is your name? And why all the assumptions? You sound like a very sad, confused and lost little boy actually. One I might have been talking with online to. Someone who is rude, abusive, sticks their head in the sand, makes nasty assumptions, is personal and doesn't know the difference between lies and truth. A perfect example for your jama'at, right?

    Well I would love to hear from you. Write to me at coughremedy at gmail dot com. If you want to stay anonymous, I have no problem with that, but it does seem rather cowardly, especially when you're using my name and making such absurd assumptions about me.

     
  • At 8:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mr Anonymus

    Why don't you pay back what you have been charging Shahid? What has your janaat given him when he was in need?

    Ahmadiyya is a cult with BRAINWASHED and programmed members who are made to work for Mirza family.... absolutely nothing to do with Islam..Otherwise, what qualification Mirza Masroor has other than being the grand son of Grand Liar??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home