Cough Remedy

I left Ahmadiyyat because Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was a liar and a charlatan. Find out why I believe this to be true.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

BismillahiAlRahmaniAlRaheem

Assalamoalaikum warahmatullah wabarakatohu.

In November 2004, I left the Ahmadiyya Movement and became a Muslim. Those who know me will be surprised at this statement; they considered me a Muslim. That's because I masqueraded as one without knowing what I really represented.

My life had been in turmoil for some years. After a particularly bad period in my life, I realised that something basic was very wrong. I started to pray for guidance. I begged for guidance. Every day for 18 months, I was on a spiritual, emotional, physical and mental rollercoaster that threatened to take my life, and probably my soul.

During Ramadan in 2004, I decided that it was about time I stopped taking my religion as a hobby and undertook an intense period of study, contemplation, research and prayer. Not long after, I realised that I was on the wrong path. I found it ironic that with a journey that began with a will to defend Ahmadiyyat to the hilt - a jihad of the pen if you like - I emerged rejecting Ahmadiyyat.

In this blog, I will share with you my ideas, my motives and my journey. It will be bumpy, uncomfortable, but ultimately, inshaAllah, rewarding.

8 Comments:

  • At 5:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well i think you should just tell your full name as so the world can see if you left or you were thrown out of the Jamaat

     
  • At 4:33 pm, Blogger Shahid said…

    Dear Anonymous Ahmadi,

    Why don't you tell me your name? My name is public knowledge, you obviously haven't been looking very hard.

    And for your information, I left, in a very public way, precisely so as to forestall any "retroactive kicking out" which the jama'at is very good at doing to those who express doubts!

    So Anonymous - hiding behind an anonymous connection, what's YOUR name? And if you're Ahmadi, don't you know that your Khalifa has PROHIBITED you from engaging in forums such as this? Are you worried that YOU will get kicked out of the jama'at?

    Read the rest of this blog so you can work out if this is a jama'at you really want to be in, hmmm??

     
  • At 1:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what jamaat are you from? who was your qaid? do you know what a qaid is?
    Im actually very curious to meet one person who has left the jamaat.. well if you provide the details i'll find out...

     
  • At 1:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    he's just a disgruntled ex-ahmadi... poor tosser got chucked out of the jamaat... for being GAY

     
  • At 2:14 pm, Blogger Shahid said…

    Can you read?

    Do you know that my server has your IP address stored including a traceback to your referring site? Do you know that it would be a very simple matter, if I were that way inclined, for me to determine your identity and pass it onto your local and regional amir sahib, and the police?

    Luckily, you caught me on a good day and your post actually made me laugh out loud. I have never heard of anyone being chucked out of the jama'at for being gay. If that were the case, half of the jama'at would be gone!

     
  • At 2:17 pm, Blogger Tahir Iqbal said…

    Salam Shahid Bhai, It's Tahir again. After posting my earlier comment I thought to find the very first post on this blog so that may be it has answer to my questions. And now I've found them in very detail. No need to reply my other post; simply delete it.

    Thanks

    Tahir

     
  • At 6:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am a systems consultant for one of the biggest IP telephony comapnies . This might help establish my credibility around IP address and traces. shahid is a sack of lying shit. You cannot trace IP address from random blog entries which enterd in XML. Why dont you post lets say my IP or MAC add??

    Also good to know .. hald of you are Gay!!! fruit baskets..lol

     
  • At 12:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahmedia was created by british to divide muslims.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home